Saturday 9 July 2011

Saturday Morning Bike Ride

An unexpectedly sunny and warm day.

I set off a little later in the morning than I normally do.

On the way up the hill. I wasn't looking forward to tackling it today but it's fine and I get some lovely views.

Past the roadworks.

Off the B road now and on to one of my favourite unclassified roads. The verges here haven't been cut so there are lots of wild flowers.


A fence post made from an old telegraph pole. I see a face!

The post in context.

Cow line up.

More cows posing with Bracraigs Reservoir in the background.

Now a view of Cuffhill Reservoir.

In the distance, behind the overheating sheep, lies Kirkleegreen Reservoir. The three reservoirs are all very close to each other and make for a scenic clycling route.

Grainy fence detail.

Curly wire detail.

Open road and big skies. Further along this road lies the picturesque, dilapidated, but inhabited farm I want to photograph. Unfortunately one of the inhabitants (suitably dilapidated looking herself) is out and about, so I've still not managed to take a picture.

Sheep seek shade under the old trailer.

The folly on the hill in the distance with an abundance of wildflowers in the foreground.

I take a detour through the woods.

From the woods I push my bike up the hill for a view over the loch (and manage to swallow a fly in the process, yuck!)

Interesting farm buildings.

A sunny field.

The twisty road home.

6 comments:

Grateful4Crochet said...

those photos are just beautiful- love the cows!!
what a great place for a bike ride
x

Mrs. Micawber said...

Gorgeous photos as usual! I love it when the verges don't get mown. It always seems such a shame to cut down the wildflowers.

Thistles and dog roses are blooming here too, but I don't think I've ever seen foxglove in the wild (if that's what the deep pink one is). What is that yellow flower?

Great shots of the fence post and the wood grain and the curly wire. And your wide-open skies are beautiful.

Diane said...

Brilliant photos as usual. Guess what? I'm going to get a bike!!! I don't think my rides will be as energetic as your though! Thanks for the inspiration. xxxx

Selfsewn said...

Omgosh this looks wonderful to ride, I really must get out on my bike more!

Simone said...

A lovely bike ride and observations.

Anonymous said...

I love your photo of the piece of wire particularly. I swallowed a fly at the weekend but fortunately it was in a friends veg patch so it was a great excuse to tuck into her delicious fat peas to wash it down!! Hoping to swallow another next time I'm there for a legitimate excuse to scoff some more!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails