Saturday 12 February 2011

Chevron Lace Crochet Cardigan

Ta da!

It's finished and I'm wearing it now. It's lovely, soft and cosy...

and it fits!

The pattern (Chevron Lace Cardigan by milobo) is available free on Ravelry here. I followed the 42" pattern size and used a 9mm hook for the chain and first row (and also for the chain under the arms) then a 6mm hook for the rest.

The wool was another Kemps wool bargain. It's Wendy Merino Bliss and was £2.30 per 50g ball. They don't have the green available any more but there is a lovely purple on offer (it was a hard choice between green & purple for me). I used 8 x 50g balls.

I'm quite a novice crocheter and I found it relatively easy to do. It's a bit tricky getting started (as most things are) and you've to watch out for row 5 (the pattern changes slightly and is easily missed), and I had to fiddle the sleeves a little but noone will ever notice that unless they want to examine my armpits very closely.

I'm happy!

I would like to make another one without sleeves (which would take 6 x 50g balls for my size), I've already seen wool I like...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! The colour really suits you and the shape. Really like the whole texture of it. Well done and I'm not surprised you're going to make another.

topchelseagirl said...

Wow it is fantastic! Purple and green are my favourite colours too.

Julie said...

That is really beautiful and it looks fabulous on you. Great job!

Unknown said...

This is truly lovely. You are inspiring me to move to the cardi venue next. Great color

Apples and Pears said...

Well done, Anne! You have done a great job. It is really lovely and is perfect for spring...good colour too. Wouldn't mind one for myself as I think this sort of jacket is very flattering and looks good with anything xx

Simone said...

For a 'novice crocheter'! you have done a great job!

Kimbles said...

Its really lovely! Colour suits you too.

Teresa Kasner said...

Anne, beautiful.. and the sweater is too! :-) Are those Christmas cactus on the top of your shelf? I have 3 of them in my garden window and I'm in love with them.

Gorgeous molding at your ceiling too!

Teresa

Jacquie said...

Oooh your cardigan turned out gorgeous :0)This is a great pattern, no wonder you want to make another .
Jacquie x

Aunty Bee said...

I love this cardy, especially the longer sleeves. It has inspired me to have a go at something that isn't a blanket.

Jennyff said...

Very lovely cardigan and I much prefer that colour with sleeves, I imagine a sleeveless summer one in a lighter shade. I am wondering why having produced something so gorgeous you don't look a bit happier!

Julie said...

It's lovely. I don't think any kind of crochet, sewing, knitting, whatever would be right without a bit of 'fiddling'! Juliex

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails