Thursday 27 January 2011

Another Crochet Shawl.

OK, I'm obsessed. I've made another crochet shawl and it's taken me less than a week (though it did involve quite a few late nights which I regretted when the alarm went off the next morning!)

I really love this one, much more so than the last one.

Firstly it's a nicer pattern, it's called Eva's shawl (the free pattern is available on Ravelry here), and consist solely of chains and trebles so it's really easy once you get going. The shape is better than the last shawl I made and it's not as holey so doesn't look so much like a string vest (despite these rather negative comments (and more to come) I do still like my other shawl very much too!)

Secondly I also used nicer wool, I used Drops Delight in colourway 05 (beige/gray/pink). The colours are gorgeous and I love the way they change gradually, and the yarn is lovely and soft too (it's 75% wool). It's available online here and is only £2.50 per 50g ball (I used 3 balls for the shawl). I'll definitely be using it again, I can't wait to try something in another colourway and I've already earmarked another couple of shawl patterns on Ravelry...

(I wish the sofa was purple and not fading red!)

I wore it today for the first time. I haven't bothered blocking it as I like it the way it is.

A closer look. I think this colourway turned out really well, it reminds me of...

... a recent sunset as seen from our back door. Just look at that bank of clouds approaching.

Also this week, a pack of bargain yarn from Kemps Wool arrived...

...I've decided I'm ready to try and crochet my first clothing item, watch this space...

The weather recently has been rather grey so I've not been especially inspired to take any outdoor photos. Today was rather pleasant though. N and I went for a walk round the village...

...and we found this little fountain which I never knew existed. It was down a little lane which is difficult to access with a pram - after five and a half years of pram pushing it's nice to be able get futher afield without it.

Off soon to craft night tonight. I'm being good as I'll be taking my blanket to sew in some more of the ends - a nice easy task to accomplish while listening to the banter and eating cake!

17 comments:

Rachael @ CleverCheshireCats said...

It's lovely! The colours remind me of stained glass windows. Xx

driftwood said...

ooooh it's really gorgeous, I've been looking at shawl patterns, but I missed that one xxxx

Hazel said...

I love it! The wool is just gorgeous and drapey. x

Jacey said...

Your shawl is beautiful, the colour is perfect. xx

Apples and Pears said...

I love it! It is really, really beautiful. Fantastic colours too :)

Lyn said...

Gosh you have been busy!
love the colours on the shawl and the pattern does look easy enough for me to do, now theres a thought!
I had to look twice at your sunset photo, I thought those dark clouds were hills at first!
love
Lyn
xxx

jamjar said...

Oh it is really lovely, gorgeous colours, may have to take a peek over at the pattern. : )

Anonymous said...

I think I am addicted to knitted shawls - I have made three in the last year or so. I might have to invest in some of that wool, the colours are wonderful.
Jacqueline

Teresa Kasner said...

Ohhh.. love that shawl pattern, I downloaded it immediately. Now to figure out what yarn to use, I really like what you used, very "water-color-y"!

Thanks for sharing.. Teresa from Oregon

Julie said...

I really love this one and it looks so good with your coat.
I wish I had a craft group to join - I'm not aware of anyone locally who has similar interests. Juliex

two bones and a bagle said...

Scarf/shawl is lovely. I have tried this pattern a few times and failed miserably - I will have to try again.

Simone said...

I love everything about the shawl from the design to the colour and how it looks tucked into your coat. Just gorgeous!!! x

Unknown said...

Hello I have just found your blog, and what do I see? the same shawl as I just made, but mine is in other colors :-)
Love yours! If you like to, visit my blog and take a look at mine!
Have a nice day,

Susanne

rockinloubylou said...

Shawl is beautiful and just the right shape to fit under a jacket for spring. Am definitely inspired to have a go. Perhaps you will set off a shawl-making wave, like Attic 24's granny stripe blanket!

Jennyff said...

Less than a week, amazing. The colours are beautiful, well done.

beth said...

Oh I love it and the colours are beautiful! I've got crochet envy again ;)

maman O said...

I love it!!! All your crochet are very beautiful!!
Kiss from Italy Ornella

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails