Tuesday 5 July 2011

Saturday Morning Bike Ride

Saturday morning - the first day of the school holidays and the first warm and sunny day here for a long time - it certainly felt like summer had finally arrived.

I took some friends along for this ride. This means fewer photos than normal as we tended to keep riding (rather than continually stopping for photos, which I like to do when on my own).

Cows & cow parsley, and lovely blue skies.

We stop for a little break and a long chat in the sunshine.

Some of the fields are even yellow instead of green (not that common round here really)

A peek through the trees at a little loch.

Bike shot.

Cockerel and peacock take a morning stroll.

Geese waddle down the middle of the road.

Shortly before this point were back near the village - just incase anyone wanted to return home, but we were all up for carrying on - it was a gorgeous morning and it was lovely to get some time together (without children!).

For the next few miles we were plagued by cow flies - the first time that's happened to me in all my cycling trips round here.

We then stopped at a nearby village for refreshments - not something I bother to do on my own but it was very pleasant, especially as we were sat right at the opened windows to the pavement and were able to watch the world go by.

Then home. Last shot - the tree at the corner. Love the sky.

7 comments:

June said...

Lovely photos as usual. Love the one of the geese waddling down the road and the tree on the corner. As you say the sky is amazing in that last shot.
June

Anonymous said...

I am in complete agreement with June regarding the last shot. You live in a very beautiful area and I am so grateful that you share it.

Apples and Pears said...

Beautiful. Once I recover from my op I will be out on my new bike too xxx

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of the geese, just strolling along and having a chat.

Mrs. Micawber said...

Everyone likes the geese! I was thinking they looked as if they owned the road. Which they do.

Love the loch shot.

Blue skies are so refreshing after days of grey. Glad you're having some decent weather at last.

Anonymous said...

What a glorious day for a cycle ride. It all looks wonderfully Famous Five and a great adventure. Thanks for taking us out on another lovely trip round your countryside!
Katie x

Lyn said...

I nearly missed this bike ride...just catching up!
Good one as usual, brill photos also as usual!
xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails