An update on the patchwork project which I started just over two years ago...
I've been snipping up some more of the hoarded baby clothes...
....to keep my box of fabric covered hexagon papers topped up.
It's almost worth having a box of these just to take a photo of them.
I took them outside for a little photo shoot this morning.
In the white box I have lots of hexagons ready for joining, in the green box I keep my cut fabric pieces and paper hexagons for covering as well as thread (black for tacking so I can see it to remove it later, white for joining), needle and scissors.
A rear view, you can see I've not removed any of my paper yet. I now use this site for for my hexagon templates - they're good symmetrical hexagons unlike some that are available elsewhere.
The fabrics include a favourite jacket of my daughter's, my son's first shirt, and one of my tops which is now too big for me (hurrah!).
At first I wasn't sure if all the different colours and patterns were working together, but as more are added it starts to look better (honest!)
As I said, it's taken two years to get this far. Sometimes I get fed up with it and it is hidden away for a while.
I'm liking it just now though. In fact I'm now off to join a few more hexagons before bed time...