Monday 15 November 2010

I got daisies in green pastures...

Zoom Zoom...

Quince brandy. Made with ornamental quinces which apparently should be fine. Looks nice, looking forward to tasting it come Christmas.

Bargain angora blend yarn, 50p per ball from a local charity shop.

Fab set of tins from Ikea, the big rectangular one is especially useful, my faithful old round tins have been usurped.

Some recent bargains from Morrisons of all places...

... a cake stand for £5, I don't think it's too Christmassy - I'd happily use it other times of the year too, and...

...a new knitting & crochet book, also a mere £5.

Haven't had much of a look at it yet, first impressions are that it's quite attractive.

Nice blanket (though I think it was just rows & rows of treble stitch)]

And a hot water bottle cover. I lurve my hot water bottle. (Our house is Victorian, we live in Scotland, it gets a little chilly at this time of year!) I may treat it to a cover at some point.

This morning was the chilliest so far I think, but it was lovely while it lasted. I took my camera with me when N and I walked to the local chemist (to buy another hot water bottle for hubby so mine is now all mine!) to capture a couple of frosty scenes...


So just a quick catch-up post. Things are a little busy at the moment, I'm going to be out the next five nights on the trot slapping my bass (note the b in bass!). Well, I suppose it's nice work if you can get it but I can't be bothered now so I'm away to boil the kettle for my hot water bottle... (perhaps I need someone to watch over me!)

Good night.

9 comments:

VintageVicki said...

Love the tins, cake stand & book :)

We've our first proper frost here in Suffolk this morning - looks gorgeous out there.

tammykingdon said...

I have serious yarn envy!

Diane said...

All gorgeous gorgeous things - you have the best job of anyone I know. I was telling my daughter about you when we sat in the Theatre last friday. xxxxx

Julie said...

I've been eyeing up those tins in Ikea too. Definitely need to get them now! Good luck with the work. Juliex

Diane said...

Me? Muddled?? Yes - it has been said lots before! It seems to be how you get in your 50's!!! xxxx

...Nina Nixon... said...

Those tins look gorgeous - decorative yet handy all rolled into one.

It was chilly here today too.

Nina x

Unknown said...

I've got tin envy... IKEA here I come!

Jennyff said...

Oh good shopping, I especially like the cake stand. I did get myself a new hot water bottle the other day at Lidl £2.99.

Lyn said...

What good bargains and I too saw that book in morrisons. Beautiful frosty potos too.
love
Lyn
xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails