Sunday 5 May 2013

Saturday Morning Bike Ride

Sunshine again, I seem to be picking the best day of the week for my bike rides. The weather here lately has not been good, unless you like it cold and wet. So at least the morning was dry, and sunny, but still cold - the gloves were back on, the fleecy gilet and water/windproof jacket have yet to be taken off.

What did I see? Lambs galore. New leaves (though still few and far between). Greening fields beside the Tree At The Corner. A favourite Post. Interesting Sign. Weathered green door with daffodils. Lovely views, lovely skies. More posts. More Sheep. Bare branches against said lovely skies. A hen through a fence (I forget whether it was Henny, Penny or Jenny). More daffodils, more green fields. The bench.

Commentary is even briefer than usual I'm afraid, time seems to be in short supply.

By the way, there's a little sneak preview at the end... 























And here's the sneak preview...

...I've finished sewing in the ends of the blanket, cue trumpet fanfare and champagne! There were "only" 2240 to do. Now I'm on to the border and have run out of wool, grrr. Will order more now while I'm online. I tried the blanket out on the bed just to see if I had made it big enough. Very pleased with it so far, I'm almost there...


13 comments:

Claire said...

A lovely day Anne, although it does look cold.
Loving all the bare branched trees, I imagine it won't be long before they are completely covered.
Well done on getting all those pesky ends sewn in on your blanket. That definitely deserves an award.

Claire :}

Jacquie said...

Great to see you got some sunshine Anne. Lovely to see the tree on the corner , but it still looks very bare.
Love the derelict barn with the daffodils.
Can't wait for the blanket ta-dah.
Jacquie x

Louise said...

I liked seeing the tree on the corner too. Lovely photos as always, I don't think many words are necessary really!

Mereknits said...

What could be better than blue skies, gorgeous green grass and flowers and lambs......

Love your blanket.
Meredith

Rustic Vintage Country said...

I do love your trips! That blanket is looking good. x

forgetmenotsblue said...

Wonderful photos. That blanket is looking very pretty. Love the fresh new green leaves and the lamb happy photos :)

Anonymous said...

Your blanket looks good now, it will be even better with a border.

I enjoyed the ride, thank you.

Lyn said...

I enjoyed going out with you again, the blue and the green is wonderful!
Well done with the blanket too!
Xxx

Lulu said...

i just love all the pics...Love where you live and would love to see some lambs..
beautiful ghan, looks so cozy..cant wait to see more..
have a lovely Thursday..

Ladybird Diaries said...

Lovey to see some sunshine and your photos are lovely. I can't believe how any ends you have sewn in on your blanket!! It will all be worth it though...
M c

Annie Cholewa said...

Now I know why I don't crochet ... how many ends?!!!

Bet it looks wonderful though, as do those hills and fields in their first hint of spring green :)

susie said...

Gorgeous photos (as always) !!
The last picture .. you make me curious :)
Have a nice weekend ..

Unknown said...

Oh those hills! So so gorgeous! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails