Sunday 8 November 2009

Pay It Forward (PIF)

A month or so ago I joined a Pay It Forward (PIF) scheme by commenting on this post from Diane at HeartShaped.


I have now had the pleasure of receiving a lovely package of goodies from Diane.

Before I open the parcel for you though, I would like to announce my search for my own three PIF volunteers who will receive home made gifts from me (volunteer by commenting on this post and indicating that you're interested, I'll pick the first three). To volunteer you need to be prepared to continue the PIF by posting it on your blog and finding a further three volunteers to receive handmade items from yourself (you have a year in which to do this, plenty of time!).

Back to the parcel...


... no these weren't in it! Can you guess what they're supposed to be (answer at the end of the post!). They didn't turn out quite right but tasted fine and they were baking in the oven while I got on with the unwrapping to discover...


...1. A fantastic hand made bag, complete with front pocket and adorned with a gorgeous collection of vintage buttons including an A for Andamento (or Anne, equally appropriate!). It's lovely and big! I'm using it for my crochet at the moment and it easily holds all my yarn and bibs & bobs. It had it's first outing to craft night last Thurs too and was much admired.



Next...


2. A lovely corsage. A took a shine to this and can be seen wearing it in the photo below along with...


...3. the gorgeous handknitted neck warmer. I attempted to take a photo of myself wearing this but failed to get a decent shot...


this was the best one! And there was more...


4. A smashing lavender bag. When I opened the box of goodies A commented straight away on how nice it all smelled.

And that's not all...


5. Last but not least, a bottle of "Hendos" which I gather is a Sheffield speciality. I added a slug or two to the sausage stew I made that night, and it did taste delicious (even if I say so myself, hmmm!)

So all in all, an excellent parcel of beautifully made gifts. My favourites are the bag and the neck warmer, both very lovely, and both especially appreciated as sewing and knitting are not my best talents !

Thank you very much Diane!

So if you want to take part, let me know via a comment. Don't worry, I'll not send you anything I've attempted to machine sew or knit myself, it'll be of some other handmade genre...

By the way, those flat soft squishy baked thing were supposed to be rock cakes. They were made using a recipe from a recently unearthed children's baking book that we had when we were younger - one of my my older brothers used to make them when he was about 12 and he made a far better job of them than I, but I'll have another attempt soon...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely parcel you received today. Love the demin. But, that hendos relish is very very interesting, never heard of it before... But, I'm all about the sauces and relishes and adding a little something extra to each dish.

Thanks for sharing.

rockinloubylou said...

me please, me please!!! I have seen these things on other people's blogs and wondered how to become part of them. I'd love to take part if you're still looking for volunteers.

Diane said...

Glad you liked them - I was very worried as you are all such a talented lot!!xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails