Saturday 11 July 2015

Tissington Trail and an Evening Cycle.

Of the three cycle trails we tried our favourite was the one from Hartington to Tissington. There are more open views across the countryside than from the other trails and at the end there is the lovely village of Tissington to wander round. The cakes in the cafe at Tissington were the best of our trip to the Peak District and there was a very nice little gift shop there too from which we made a few purchases. It was another gorgeous, sunny day, we were certainly lucky with the weather during our holiday.


























One evening I went for a cycle ride along the quiet country roads round Winster. I didn't go alone, my wee friend came with me. She can easily keep up with me as I do make a lot of stops for photographs! We saw fields full of buttercups, a hare silhouetted on a hillside, the moon rising, and the setting sun casting a golden glow all around. It was beautiful.









7 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

You did have beautiful vistas, I especially liked the weather vane.

Amy at love made my home said...

So beautiful!!! I feel as though I have been out relaxing in beautiful countryside rather than listening to the jackhammer that one of our neighbours has going! xx

Rosangela said...

Suas fotos são lindas.
Que lugar maravilhoso.
Minha filha disse que a árvore que aparece na nona foto deste post parece uma ovelha...
Parabéns.
Um abraço.

Lyn said...

You certainly did have excellent weather, isn't the Peak District a gorgeous place, I of course adore all you photos but the second to last one is a dream x

Louise said...

This looks a lovely ride! Hartington and Tissington are both lovely villages, and again, there are absolutely loads of brilliant walks around them!

Rosie said...

The Tissington Trail is great isn't it? Tissington is a lovely village too. You've taken some lovely photos - especially the one up from the bottom and the hare:)

blueskyscotland said...

Seems like a great area for children, and adults. The sort of landscape I really enjoy. England has some fantastic scenery.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails