Sunday 12 July 2015

Random Holiday Pics...

First, a bird detail from A's leggings (random indeed!)

Now for some crochet time...

Out in the sun.

 The lilac colour matchers the flowers.

It's a little bigger than this now and there's a fairly large mistake in it. I'm pretty sure the mistake was already made at this point. I didn't notice it at first and kept going. I think I can probably get away with it - nobody will notice it when it's being worn.

Time to meet the holiday cats...

This is Beans (because he/she looks like Aunty Mary's cat who was called Beans). Very friendly up to a point, would miaow when he'd had enough petting then give you a (gentle) bite. We would meet him at the playpark whenever we visited.

This is Flufftail, no explanation required!

He/she lived near our cottage and would come to see us in our garden. Super sooky.

And finally, Pussywuss. Another cat from the park, he/she shot out their catflap to see us on our first visit to the park and popped over another couple of times too. Rather vocal in wanting attention but a nice friendly cat.

The cottage we stayed in had a lovely little garden. You could reach it directly from the upper floor of the cottage which was cool - an "upstairs garden" N called it. You could also get to it by climbing steps from the kitchen door.


I really liked these pink and lilac flowers. Anyone know what they are, I'd like to get some for our own garden. Here are some closer pics if them...






We had rain one evening, then the snails came out to play...



A bouquet made for me by A at the playpark the evening before my birthday.

There was also a pretty sunset that evening.

Lastly, some other bouquets. I was given flowers by the staff when I finished up at the school so I took them on holiday with us. It was a strange last day. The weather was terrible - cold and dark with torrential rain, it felt more like winter. I was going to write more here but began to get myself tangled up in the words and have deleted what I started. Lets just say I will miss some of the staff more than others. On to pastures new after the holidays...




And that's it for our week in the Peak District. I'm sure we'll be back. It's a lovely part of Britain and not too long a car journey away for us either. There are many places we didn't manage to get to so still lots of new things to see for another trip.

8 comments:

Louise said...

So how long was the journey from Scotland. I'm always put off visiting Scotland because I think it'll take so long to get there, we'd need to go for at least 2 or 3 weeks to make the journey worthwhile! There are loads of place I'd like to visit in Scotland!

Glad you enjoyed your stay, despite the dodgy ice cream and rubbish cakes!

CJ said...

Lovely photos, the upstairs cottage garden is gorgeous. Glad you had such a good time. I hope you enjoy the summer holidays, the leaving flowers are beautiful. CJ xx

Mac n' Janet said...

It does look like a lovely place for a holiday, except for the snails, I'm terrified of snails. We always rent a cottage when we come to England.

Rosemary said...

The pink flower is an Helianthemum (rock rose) you can get them in lots of colours from white, yellow, various shades of pink to deepest red, some are single and some are doubles, and they are extremely easy to grow.

blueskyscotland said...

Looks like you hit it lucky with your choice of accommodation. Great photos. Love the snails.

Amy at love made my home said...

What a beautiful place to stay!!! It really is lovely isn't it. I love all of your feline visitors, especially Flufftail!! Great name too! Glad you had a great time! xx

Christina said...

Lovely photos of a lovely holiday! An upstairs garden sounds interesting! My husband used to take the older kids to the Peak District (camping) and says it is amazingly beautiful. Glad you enjoyed your holiday. I do love those pink rock roses. I have a white one with a yellow centre and bright red spots on the petals. It seems hardy and hence suitable for Scotland. x

Beth of The Linen Cat said...

You really do take such beautiful photos. I love the Peak District, I'm looking at it for a short break for me and the boys as it's nice and easy to drive to (in comparison to the other options, anyway). Nice you met so many friendly kitties too! Hope you and yours are well. Bethx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails