Tuesday 14 July 2015

Arran.

The last of the holiday pictures...



 





























 


 








Aside from a wet walk to the Giants' Graves, we spent all our time on the beach at Blackwaterfoot.

Some of us went bodyboarding while others took a stroll to the far end of the beach and beyond.

The clouds were amazing. The light was always changing.

Each morning we'd look out for the two families of ducks and ducklings who'd made the patch of sea outside our cottage their home.

A seagull had built her nest at the bottom of the stone steps leading from our garden to the beach. She sat patiently on the nest through wind, rain and sun. We were lucky that her chicks were born during our visit. They're well camouflaged - can you see one of them?

We entered a sandcastle buidling competition and flew a kite on the beach.

I crocheted a little bit more of my shawl - can anyone spot the big mistake I've made in it?

Then time to come home. My parents were there for a fortnight, we stayed three nights but managed to pick the best days weather-wise. We'll be back again soon I'm sure...

4 comments:

blueskyscotland said...

Recognize a few places there in the photos. It's funny how everyone has their favourite village on Arran. Nice to see modern children still build sandcastles.

Neighborhood Watch said...

Phenomenal pictures all around!! I don't see any mistakes in the shawl, but I do see the little birds.

Amy at love made my home said...

It looks so incredibly beautiful and very peaceful indeed. I cannot see a shawl mistake, but I am rather envious of it as it is very beautiful!! xx

Anonymous said...

Please tell me that you took home the 'pudding stone' rock and the one with the leaf imprint?

I doubt anyone will ever notice the error in your shawl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails