Sunday 20 September 2009

Thistle Mirror

I like this mirror!

It's another commission, and one that I enjoyed working on.

I'll package it up tonight ready for posting tomorrow.



While I was taking the outdoor photographs the clouds were scudding across the sky with more and more blue sky becoming apparent in the mirror reflection.

I'm off now to enjoy the sunny(ish!) afternoon and plant some more of the bulbs I bought a week or so ago. I've a couple of big terracotta plant pots from Ikea earmarked for the tulips so it will be a nice pleasant job just popping them in the soft compost.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool. Love how you were able to capture the reflection of the sky and clouds.

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

Cathy said...

What a beautiful mirror. I am sure the commissionee will be thrilled with it. Love the autumn biking shots, particularly the long lane. That is the quiet sort of place I would like to wander.

melissa said...

wow- that's lovely! your's so clever!

Julia said...

Hello!

What beautiful work! You are a very, very talented lady - Ive just been browsing your blog and have really enjoyed all your pictures, looks like you live in a very stunning part of the world!

Love Julia x

Pomona said...

I love the photos with the clouds - they are fantastic! It's wonderful when you catch a moment like that with the camera.

Pomona x

...Nina Nixon... said...

Beautiful! I love thistles - does that sound tooooo weird?

Nina x

ps. I love this second book even more so than the first as along with all the crafty stuff there is also the lovely chit chat, but not lots and lots - hope that makes sense?? Sorry I'm having one of those weeks,

Nina x

Unknown said...

I am the commissionee and I love it !!! stunning ! It was my wedding present to my son, Justin, and my daughter-in-law, Peggy. Peggy is of Scottish heritage, thus the request for the thistle.

Both mirrors made it safe across the big pond and are in their new home in Baltimore, Maryland USA.

kat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails