Saturday 5 September 2009

Saturday Morning Cycle Ride

It's going to rain! Nevermind, off we go...

A pause at the entrance to the cyclepath. Nice bike!

Golden fields.

Autumn berries.

Empty cyclepath.

Roman soldiers.

The last time I did this route the weather was rather more favourable.

Still, their new coat of red paint makes them brighten up a rainy day.

Highland cows watch me this time.

One tree looking distinctly autumnal.

I've not given up hope of a little bit of summer reappearing before all the trees start to turn. The weather's not really any different yet to August (ie wet!) although it has cooled enough for me to graduate to wearing slippers in the house now.

Talking of home, freshly made strawberry scones were waiting for me when I returned.

I was soaked to the skin, the wettest yet.

Better weather is forecast for tomorrow. We're hoping to make a family cycling trip. It involves taking a ferry and visiting somewhere I've never been, despite living this close for 22 years!

4 comments:

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

What a lovely journey and scenery! The Roman soldiers are a bit of a surprise there! Quite scary if walking by on your own!
Scones look delicious..
Have a lovely weekend
Isabelle x

rockinloubylou said...

What a great way to spend your Saturday morning. Worth getting wet for. And the scones look delicious!

Yiota said...

Fabulous pictures! I love them all. What beautiful countryside!
And your scones look yummy!

Pomona said...

I love your bike rides - the pictures really make me wish I could come with you!

Pomona x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails