Thursday 24 September 2009

Bits and Pieces

Some more random photos from recent days. First of all...

...I made this little roundel years ago. It's a copy of a design from a book and it is painted rather than leaded. However, what's more improtant is what is lurking in the background...

... yes, we have our "own" cows! They're little boy cows (whatever the correct term is for that - I'm showing my lack of cow expertise here!) and every September they appear in the field across the road from the front of our house. They're only there for about a month and I'm not sure where they head off to next, perhaps to market but let's not dwell on that...

By the way, I cleaned the bedroom window just to take these photographs - it's amazing what extremes my blog takes me to!

I therefore had the window right open and if you lean out a little round to the right you get this rather pleasant view. Normally the window doesn't open far due to the blinds getting in the way.

Some dust catchers on a mirror next to the window.

I hadn't realised Ikea sold their own version of hama beads. A has been enjoying making hearts with them. This one hangs at her window, she's made one for Mairi her nursery teacher, one for Granny and one for Aunty Sheena. I'm still waiting for mine as I keep reminding her!

After my last post I did manage to get all my tulip bulbs planted. One of the pots containing geraniums (or pelargoniums I should say - Elspeth Thomson is always very specific in her "Urban Gardener" and "Tale of Two Gardens" books that I've just been reading. I'm taking a break from the second actually as I'm not enjoying it as much as the first one - it requires a bit more plant knowledge than I posess to appreciate it I think. I've switched to Little House on the Prairie which I've never read before. But I digress...) had disintegrated so I was able to use the pieces for crocks at the bottom of my bulb tubs. I rescued one of the plants and have since brought it indoors though it'll need to be tough to withstand the level of care my houseplants receive. It looks fine at the moment...

And a little piece of stone carving from the village.

Off now for a quick bit of mirror leading before N wakes from his nap (I should have been doing that instead of blogging in the first place, but nevermind...)

2 comments:

Diane said...

Bullocks is the correct term - no I'm not being rude!! Its probably a very sad end for them actually. I don't want to offend any one, or get into a heated debate on vegetarianism, but because we don't eat much veal or "bully beef" in the UK (ie young male cows) most of them are shot and just disposed of. What veal we do eat gets imported from Europe (France or Belguim) where they do eat veal. I love the way they cook in France, they don't waste anything from an animal - it always makes me laugh when you see "Gizzards" on the menu!! (I daren't try them though)

Diane said...

Sorry, Hope I didnt give you nightmares about the baby cooo's!! Forgot to say that your other pictures are really lovely - especially loving the heart shape. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails