Monday 7 July 2014

What the Judges Thought...

The Show has been and gone, the judges have made their decisions. I wasn't going to enter many categories but got carried away, again. You can imagine the state my kitchen was in during the baking and cooking. Fortunately it is now back to normal (though still not quite as tidy as I'd like), as are my blood sugar levels (I hope).

I won...three firsts (cupcakes, handicraft & coleslaw), six seconds (handicrafts, jam, scones, chocolate cake, wrapped parcel, tablet), one third (traybake).

These were my entries for the handicrafts. Due to my PGDE course I'd not had time to make anything over the year, so these were things I'd made a while back. My mosaic got 1st place and my blanket got 2nd.

These were my decorated cupcakes, I made sugared edible flowers from the garden for the decorations.

 Tablet near the front, traybake towards the back (no close-ups as addresses are displayed)

 Scones near the front here, then chocolate cake towards the back.

 My soup didn't win a prize this year, neither did my jelly.

And the photos. Thank you to all who selected a favourite here. I decided to enter two in each category - the cat, the cows, Robin Hood's bay and the sunset at Dunure. These looked the best once printed - I was disappointed with the clarity of the prints, they all looked much better on screen. The sunset at Dunure got 4th place, the rest were unplaced.

 General view inside the tent, children's entries on the left.

Curly horns.

 Beady eye.

 Quite a collection.

 The final for the champion of champions (won by the enormous white cow & calf)

As you can see, we had good weather. A pleasant change from previous years!

Results from the past...
2010

2011

2012
2013








13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did wonderfully well, congratulations!

Irene Donovan said...

Well done!

Sheila Khan said...

Well done, great achievement

Jennifer Hays said...

Congratulations!

CJ said...

Congratulations, you've worked so hard, your success is very well deserved. The show looks like it was fantastic, I'd love to go to one again soon, it's been ages since I have. CJ xx

CJ said...

Congratulations, you've worked so hard, your success is very well deserved. The show looks like it was fantastic, I'd love to go to one again soon, it's been ages since I have. CJ xx

Neighborhood Watch said...

What gorgeous cupcakes! Good grief! Congratulations. It looks like it was a wonderful day out.

Amy at love made my home said...

Wow, you did really well! You must have been exhausted making and gathering all of these things together for your various entries. Well done you though! Love the mosaic, and the cupcakes!! xx

Mrs. Micawber said...

Curly Horn is very handsome.

Wow, you won a LOT of ribbons! All that hard work paid off. Those cupcakes are gorgeous, and they look delicious. In fact this whole post has made me hungry....

Congratulations. :)

Mereknits said...

Hooray for you! I love the photos of what you entered, those cupcakes are amazing. I bet your soup was too, maybe the judge was not a soup lover.
Hugs,
Meredith

driftwood said...

your cupcakes are beautiful!

Beth of The Linen Cat said...

Well done, what a nice little stack of placement cards and nice the reds and blues dominate! Those frosted flowers on your buns are lovely :)

Lyn said...

I love going to shows, well done!
Iour village show is much smaller than yours, I am sure the Tour de France will feature highly at it in September! Xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails