Tuesday 19 June 2012

Granny Squares Blanket Progress

A wee while back I mentioned I'd started another crochet blanket. This time I planned in advance what colours I was going to use and bought yarn specially for making the blanket, as opposed to using yarn from stash remains or charity shops and pound shops as I normally do, and which is fine till you run out then it's difficult (impossible!) to get more of the same colour.

The squares are quick to do and it's growing fairly quickly considering I've been busy with other things recently and haven't had a whole lot of time to spend on it.

Here's how it looked at the beginning of the heat wave, size = 4 x 7 with lots of squares ready for adding.

After some very pleasant crocheting in the sun (while supervising the paddling pool activities) it had reached 6 x 7 squares.




It's now 8 x 9 squares. I took it out for a hurried photo shoot this morning. I pause to tweak the positionning a little...

...and this happened!

Thank you for all your kind comments on my last post. I finally finished the chocolate cake last night, it was pretty much a single handed effort. I was able to keep the rest of the family away from it by feeding them the left over cupcakes etc. Chocolate cake is my favourite and that particular one was the best one I've made (echoes of Lola there!)

Enjoy your day. We have some sunshine here, I hope you do too wherever you are...

16 comments:

Colette said...

That blanket is really lovely. Are you sewing it together? I think I really need to use up some of the crazy amount of wool I have stashed away in various cupboards.

Mereknits said...

Gorgeous blanket, the colors are working perfectly together. Glad you got a lot of the cake, yum!
Meredith

Lesley said...

Amazing colours. You have such a great eye for them. It's beautiful!

June said...

I love your choice of colours! The cat obviously loved them too and couldn't wait to get nearer to inspect your handiwork!
June

driftwood said...

oh so lovely! and what cute blanket model you have! well done in the show too, I love entering local shows, warning - it is very addictive!

Annie Cholewa said...

So pretty :D I say, probably for the 1000th time, I wish I could get the knack of crochet!

Lynne said...

I love your blanket!

Unknown said...

I love the colours of your blanket - it has a real vintage feel to it. Must get on with mine - have come to a halt with it x

pembrokeshire lass said...

If that's not typical of a cat....wanting to be in the picture. Love the squares....lovely colours. Well done on doing so much! Joan

Gillian Roe said...

Such a pretty blanket! Are you sewing it as you go rather than doing it in one go at the end? That makes sense. A newbie to crochet, I am currently making my first granny square cushion. I bought the yarn especially for the project and I really enjoying it, although I am a slow hooker!

rockinloubylou said...

your chocolate cake is my favourite and my best. I think you earned a modest binge!

Marie said...

I love the colours you,re using, it's looking splendid although I'm not sure you'll get much more done if your cat has anything to do with it!

Jennyff said...

So pretty, the blanket and the cat.

Erika said...

The last picture is so sweet! What a gorgeous blanket, and I'm sure your cat would agree with me on that! :))

x,

www.jasminblancboutique.blogspot.co.uk

Pixie said...

I looooove the granny blankie....really great colours, its gonna look truly peachy when its finished.......oh i do love a granny. ;)

Mrs. Micawber said...

It looks really beautiful in the sunshine. I see it has received the feline stamp of approval. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails