Sunday 30 November 2014

Random Stuff.


 An owl underway. Now complete and handed over for the craft stall at the nursery Christmas fair.

The Kelpies. Taken from the car, we've yet to visit them properly.


These are two lino prints by Barbara Robertson. They are shown in the condition they arrived - ie not great, and I can't believe they were just displayed by the previous owner in clip frames. Anyway, I've taken them in to a local gallery to get them framed properly - which will cost more than the prints did themselves, eek! However, I think they're worth it. I love them! They were a lucky on-line find. I have a greeting card print of the top picture which I've had in a frame and on display for about twenty years so I was quite excited to find the original. The second picture features an umbellifer so of course I like it!
 
Huge cocktail from yesterday afternoon, consumed during a small get-together of last years PGDE students.

The Duke of Wellington, still sporting his hat.

Sunrise this morning.

Now we're going back a couple of weeks to a Sunday afternoon walk round a nearby beauty spot. We went further than we'd intended and hadn't realised how large the site was - I did start to get a little concerned we wouldn't get back to the car while daylight lasted, but we did, phew.




Now for some sunset shots from the garden:-

 


And lastly... I remembered sorting out some butterfly photos in August but never getting round to posting them at the time. Here they are now - a little pop of late summer colour to brighten your day:-






16 comments:

Hazel said...

You take such gorgeous photos. I love your little owl finish. Too cute. I like those lino prints too. Wonderful. x

Jennifer Hays said...

Your photos are gorgeous, what a beautiful landscape. The lino prints are really interesting, I can see why you like them. Your owl came out beautifully, I love the details in the stitches and beading.

eclectichomelife said...

Your photos are stunning, I particularly enjoyed the sunset ones, I took some a few days ago and posted them, very different to yours but my goodness you take great pics

Mrs. Micawber said...

The day is now duly brightened - and thank you! It's snowy and very cold here, so what a treat to catch a glimpse of summer.

Wow, those prints are a find. Framing is awfully expensive, I know (Mr. M spent a several years being a picture framer) but the proper preservation of your pieces will be worth it. (I've got all kinds of shop talk running though my head now - "archival quality mat board" etc.) :)

Beautiful walk and stunning sunset! I like the shot with the clouds all streaming outwards from a central point in the sky. We had a sunset like that last night.

Have a great December!

Jackie said...

What beautiful photos ~ your sunset ones are particularly lovely. I love those lino prints too ~ my favorite one is the blue bird one, but both are fab. What a great find! :O)x

Anonymous said...

A post full of beauty, from the pictures to the walk and then the late summer butterflies, thank you.

CJ said...

What gorgeous prints, I'm not familiar with Barbara Robertson but I really like both of them. I shall find out more... I know what you mean about finishing walks in daylight at this time of year, it's sometimes a close-run thing. CJ xx

topchelseagirl said...

The butterfly photos are wonderful.

Julie said...

Those pictures are wonderful, especially the second. What a good find but pretty sad that they haven't been looked after very well. Juliex

Amy at love made my home said...

Such beautiful pictures! The owl you made is just too cute! He will be a top seller I am sure. You are right about it being expensive to get pictures framed, but special pieces such as your lovely pictures are worth it I think as you will treasure them for years and years. xx

blueskyscotland said...

A nice selection there. I was amazed last November down in the Borders to see a Red Admiral still flying around in a completely snow covered landscape. They must be the toughest of all the British butterflies although it probably sheltered in a farm building overnight to escape the frost.

Christina said...

Beautiful photos Anne. I am viewing them on my big screen at work, double pleasure! I have a soft spot for all things art that can be displayed on the wall. Love your prints and you are right, they deserve a beautiful frame. It is worth the money spent. I just bought a water colour print on Sunday. The Parade Artists on Alexandra Drive in Glasgow had their annual Christmas sale weekend (and again this coming one), a great place for local art. Have a lovely week. Christina

Laura S. said...

I LOVE those lino prints! and the owl is adorable.

Mereknits said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous photos my friend.
Hugs,
Meredith

Rustic Vintage Country said...

As always, stunning photos. I would love to see The Kelpies, one day hopefully! x

* said...

Every comment says what i was going to say......amazing photographs...So clear! Its funny to see those late summer pics, hard to remember almost those brights, it has been mainly. Dull here, maybe that's why.

Those prints are a real find and although maybe pricey to frame, so worrth it.

Merry christmas to you and yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails