Sunday 9 November 2014

Autumn Leaves, Mostly.











Some Autumn scenes from this afternoon's woodland walk. I have to say that I'm still not convinced about my new camera - I don't think the photos are as sharp as I was able to obtain with my old one. Next time I'll try the cameras side by side and see what I think. The light levels were fairly low as it was about 3pm before we arrived in the woods so that may be an explanation. Anyway, it was good to get out and about. There was still plenty of Autumn colour to enjoy - the woods were full of umber, copper, russet, gold, bronze, cinnamon, ginger, sepia, tawny and ochre tones. And plain old brown too, especially in the muddy bits. And yes, I did look up a thesaurus, very useful it was too...

11 comments:

CJ said...

Lovely photos, you've certainly captured the autumn colours beautifully. CJ xx

Irene Donovan said...

Beautiful photos, thank you

Lyn said...

I love colour names, they go well with your photos.
Xxx

Cybèle said...

I had to laugh at all the colours and then laugh even more when you said you'd looked them up in a thesaurus.
I don't know but I get the feeling the photos from your old camera were brighter - but as you said, if you took this in the light fading, that might explain it.
It'd be useful if you could borrow a camera before buying, wouldn't it.

Amy at love made my home said...

Truly autumnal and beautiful in equal measure. xx

Mereknits said...

Absolutely gorgeous, the photos look terrific from here.
Hugs,
Meredith

Unknown said...

I think that they are beautiful. I love coming by your blog and seeing the beauty from your side of the pond. Your country is stunning and rich with History. I look forward to seeing more:)

Christina said...

I think your photos are as beautiful as ever, you just have a great eye! I have not been in the countryside proper for weeks and only realise this now. No wonder I am grumpy! A good stomping through the woods is necessary.
To answer your question over at mine's: the transparent paper I used is a bit like grease proof paper but more transparent. I since found out it is called kite paper here.

MILLY said...

You always take wonderful photographs and have a great eye . This post is beautiful and I doubt any of us can tell it is a different camera.
My husband has a lumix similar to yours, a different model. He has a problem with dust in the lens. He was amazed at the price of your new one, two years ago his was over twice that.
Just been enjoying looking back, Scotland is stunningly beautiful throughout each season.

blueskyscotland said...

Wish I'd taken that first one myself and I have no idea where it is :o) A competition winner.

sweetbriardreams said...

Gorgeous photos! I know what you mean when getting used to a new camera. I could scream at mine sometimes when it doesn't like the light levels or won't focus quickly enough. Enjoy the rest of your week :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails