Tuesday 2 October 2012

Some September Crochet Makes

During September I was busy making some goodies for a stall I shared (with this lady) at our recent nursery social evening. Amongst other things I decided to make some crocheted "stuff". Here we have...

...can you guess what it is yet?...

...it's a cowl/neckwarmer/snood thingmyjig. I modelled it on....


... this lovely one which I received as a "paying it forward" gift from Diane @ HeartShaped not long after I'd started blogging. It's great for keeping lovely and toasty warm without the bulk of a scarf. I liked it so much I made two more, but have neglected to photograph them. The yarn used is 100% wool and was a stash-clearing gift from a friend who sadly can no longer crochet or knit due to painful arthritis (you'll notice she no longer blogs now either!). I gave her one of the cowls as a little thank you present.

Then, whilst faffing around on ebay one evening, I came across this bargain pack of yarn - Debbie Bliss chunky Donegal tweed wool angora blend. I succumbed. So far with it I have made...

...my first ever pair of crochet mittens, shown here cunningly camouflaged against the gravel. The pattern I used can be found here, I was pleased with the results and plan to make a pair for myself and a smaller pair for A (the pattern includes adult and children's sizes). This pair sold, yippee!

I also made a coordinating cowl using this pattern, here modelled along with the mitts by A.

Again, I was pleased with the pattern, so much so I made two more, of which the dark green one sold.

Now this isn't crochet! I have a new crafting obsession, more on which I shall share soon...

10 comments:

rockinloubylou said...

I'm amazed your stall wasn't left completely empty with all those goodies for sale. Thank you so much for the cowl. I have had several admiring comments in the playground already and I have been proud to say that my clever and creative friend made it for me xxxx

Rattling On said...

Ahh, new obsessions. Bring them on!!

Anonymous said...

All very pretty, well done. So sad to hear about Country Mouse, I miss her blog. A friend of mine has bad Arthritis too and uses voice recognition software to type on her laptop. It is a vicious disease.

Claire said...

Hey Anne, what great makes love the mittens, they reminded me of the pair I had when I was a wee girl. My great aunt knitted them, they were cherry red and I loved them.None of my friends had mittens, so I felt rather special.......
So glad your stall went well and sorry to hear about Country Mouse, it must be so hard to give up something you love due to illness.
A new crafting obsession, please tell us more.....

Claire :}

Lyn said...

mmmmmm looks very interesting! xxx

Gillian Roe said...

What lovely things! I'm surprised it didn't all sell, it's so gorgeous. I love the cowls - they are both lovely but I like the one with buttons best. You are very talented. I always find pricing stuff at fairs tricky, people don't want to pay a lot for handmade things, but I don't want to give things away! x

susie said...

Nice and warm !!
Ah and a new obsession Anne ? I'm curious.

Greetings :))

Mrs. Micawber said...

I think I can guess what the new obsession may be ... but I'll wait to see. :)

Lovely cowls and mittens. I made a pair of crochet mittens last spring and am looking forward to wearing them this winter.

Wonderful yarn find on e-bay!

Pomona said...

You have been making some lovely cosy things - looking forward to reading more about your latest obsession!

Pomona x

CrochetBlogger said...

Love how you took that early inspiration and made your own version. Super cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails