Friday 13 January 2012

Progress

The ripple...
...is rippling along nicely. It is a nice easy pattern to make and adding in the new colours is a most satisfying process. The overall effect is bolder than I had first anticipated so I am changing it's intended final form. All will be revealed, soon.

Ends, what ends? These have already been dealt with, last night whilst chatting to friends (the best way to deal with ends!)

He was just bob-bob-bobbing along.

A sunny and still afternoon and a hint of spring in the air. Yes, it is still the middle of winter, January and February often bring the worst weather and we can still get heavy snow as late as March, but at least the darkest days of winter are now past.

We're still waiting for a roofer though...

Last night the skies were beautiful shades of blues, pinks and purples. N alerted me by shouting "Pink Skies Mummy" and came outside with me while I took some photos. He knows what I like!

Lovely skies this morning too...

...here enhanced by a pair of jackdaws on a chimney pot.

12 comments:

rockinloubylou said...

good little N! My little one looked up at the sky this morning and said, "Peas, mummy." You know the wee ripply bobbly sort of clouds? Peas is quite a good description except of course that they're not green!

Stocki said...

Oh my goodness what a beautiful post! The ripple blanket looks lovely...can't wait to see what you are going to do with it.... and that last picture complete with Jackdaws is perfect! :)x

Simone said...

How wonderful to have your children trained to skywatch!!! The ripple blanket is looking good and I don't think it is too bright at all. The colours are nice, earthy and subtle! Of course it is not too late to join in with my bloggers beads project. I seem to have lost your post though where you asked if it was too late! I would love you to join in. x

Country Rabbit said...

delightful post enjoy your everyday photography- its always so warming to the soul x

VintageVicki said...

Loving the rippling - I need to learn how to do that this year :)

Mereknits said...

Love your photos as usual and the ripple is looking wonderfully ripply.
Happy Weekend,
MEredith

periwinkle said...

There have been some gorgeous skies lately haven't there. My boys shout to me too, we must be training them well :-)

Claire said...

Chimney pots and Jackdaws lovely silhouettes........

The blanket looks great and so nice to have all those pesky ends dealt with too.

Lovin' the Robin, a bright burst of colour on a Winters day.

Hope your roofers turn up soon, have a great weekend,

Claire :}

Rattling On said...

I've made a few ripple blankets and I love how they evolve almost of their own free will! It's nice to get a bit of daylight and no wind...

Anonymous said...

What cracking sky pictures, especially with the Jackdaws, I love those birds.

Mrs. Micawber said...

Love the metal bird and the ripples. And ALL the sky photos. Rose and lavender skies are hard to beat, but silhouetted trees against the pale morning sky, and jackdaws on chimney pots, come pretty close. Hope the roofer shows up soon.

Beth of The Linen Cat said...

I love the colours of the ripple crochet, it's beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished. Bethx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails