Monday 31 October 2011

Halloween Is Coming...

Aaargh, what's this...
...a big beady eye coming to get you...

...belonging to Molly, our new kitten (6 months old) who came to stay with us yesterday. She's very friendly and affectionate and is right now sitting on my knee as I type.

This year's Halloween preparations are a bit better than last year's when I mislaid all the decorations (still can't find 'em even now), then found out the pumpkin I'd bought was rotten.

Just cutting out spooky shapes in black card is most effective. I particularly like the crows and there is a high possibility they will still be displayed somewhere after Halloween is over.

We also cut out some (non Halloween) coloured card shapes while we were at it...

These three birdies brighten up an otherwise plain and boring lightshade.

This is N's effort (aside from the cutting). I like the addition of googley eyes, jewels and sticky shapes, all carefully positioned.

The happy face on the pumpkin was drawn by A (I cut it out). He's quite friendly looking which is good - I'm not a fan of the gory and gruesome Halloween decorations which seem to be getting more and more prevalant as the years pass (or is it just as I get older?).

Lastly a flock of pigeons, just because I liked them flying in the sky.

Have a good Halloween. I hope the guisers have some good jokes and songs for you all.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

They do songs and jokes? Really? I doubt they do here. Your Crows look marvellous against your window, I would keep them up all year too. They look particularly good against the backdrop of the cloudy sky.

Simone said...

Molly is lovely! Great silhouette shapes and pumpkin carving. Enjoy your evening!

Mereknits said...

Your kitten is very adorable. Happy Halloween to all.
Meredith

Rustic Vintage Country said...

Love the crows and bats....you got me thinking now, last minute decors!! If I have time, I will.

June said...

Love your halloween makes! I also especially liked your holiday photos! Your new kitten looks gorgeous! This is the best time of year to get a cat as they like to be indoors rather than outside in the cold being fair weather creatures and who could blame them!
June

Louise said...

Those crows and bats are really effective, I like them!

Grateful4Crochet said...

Love the crows and bats!!!

driftwood said...

oh my your kitten is gorgeous xxx

Mrs. Micawber said...

Those crows are wonderful. Much too good to put away.

What a sweet kitty and how lucky you are to have her. She's a bit pumpkiny herself.

I did hear someone talking today about a neighbour who requests a song or poem from children before she gives them their Halloween treats - but I don't think that's very common practice on my side of the pond. I like the idea.

A happy Hallowe'en to you and yours. That is a wonderful pumpkin face, by the way.

Julie said...

The crows are fantastic - I almost thought they were real.
Your kitty is gorgous, hope she is settling well. Juliex

rockinloubylou said...

oh, adorable little kitty!

Diane said...

The crows are amazing! We once did something similar with hundreds of mice on the skirting board. xxxxx

Anonymous said...

I love your new kitten Molly. We have a new kitten Millie!

blueskyscotland said...

Very artistic bats and crows.I always remember being disappointed by the taste of the raw pumpkin though as a kid.For some reason I thought it would be just like eating slices of melon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails